New Craftsman® TV takes me back.

When I was at Ogilvy & Mather/Chicago from 2000-2003 I worked on the Sears business. Started on Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) and then moved on to Craftsman tools later. The TV we did was iconic and dealt with the breadth of the tool line and the history and heritage Craftsman has. It always amazed me that it was always ranked #1, #2 or #3 on quality among all worldwide brands (not just tools, all). The other two that flirted with the top 3 were Rolls Royce and Waterford Crystal. Good company indeed.

So seeing these ads gives me mixed feelings. While I find them funny, I’m not sure they do a lot for the brand overall. Seems to cheapen it a bit to me. Take a look and feel free to post comments.

Gymnastics :30

Bowling :30



*********************
Caffeine intake: 3 cups coffee, Annie’s Cafe
*********************
Days since last trip: 02 (LA - 7/13-7/14)
Miles traveled on American year-to-date: 20,323
Miles traveled on United year-to-date: 34,370
Miles traveled on Frontier year-to-date: 10,140

Posted in Labels: , , , |

0 comments: